Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It is amazing how dangerous our minds can be to our bodies. While I should be losing a pound or so a day, I have actually maintained at the exact weight I was during the previous Maintenance period of this diet. There really is no physical reason for me to not be following the diet - I have plenty of time to cook and I know how to be successful. THe only thing I can think is that I am sabatoging myself. I know I am. Everytime I start doing well, I give myself an excuse to eat off my diet. It's a waste of my own money and my time. I need to identify the problem and talking to a friend earlier this week, I think I have figured it out.

Our minds have an image of what we are supposed to look like. When we start to deviate from this mental image, we start to change our behavior to realign with that image.

I have always thought of myself as a "big girl" and it is hard to separate from that idea. Unless I can "picture" myself at my smaller, healthier weight, I will likely keep sabotaging myself. But how do I do that when even pictures of myself are overweight. How do I imagine myself at a size I have not been for over 20 years? That's the trick question.

No comments:

Post a Comment